A driver’s ultimate driving satisfaction is when the car is functioning at its optimum. However, there are cases when drivers have heard to deal with rattling, banging, or even clunking sounds from their car. The noise is often heard when driving or when traveling over objects or irregularities such as potholes and bumps.
The suspension system is made up of the strut too. The strut is what is mounted to the vehicle’s chassis. The mounting is done all the way starting from the top. The strut will act as a place for the mount of the car’s coil and spring.
The spring would then give balance to your vehicle’s height. The strut also acts as a replacement of the vehicle’s upper control arm, connecting to the knuckle to enable adjustment of the alignment in your truck or vehicle.
All struts will have common characteristics including:
- Struts dampen the oscillations from the springs of your car
- Integrated into an assembly with a suspension coil spring
- Being a structural part of the suspension
- Front struts often contain a bearing that serves as a pivot point for the steering knuckle
TRQ Struts Review 2023 – Overview of the Brand
TRQ is depicted as a company that is committed to the provision of auto parts that you can trust, are of quality, and offer reliability. As the name depicts Trust | Reliability | Quality. According to the company, one can only achieve proper maintenance of their car if they are able to replace worn out parts with auto parts that are of high quality.
It is thus, the company’s goal to engineer products that brings its customers peace of mind. Also, according to the company, they assure their customers that they are receiving auto parts that have been produced in state-of-the-art facilities.
TRQ Strut Assembly Review – Reliable and Quality
The design is able to support the suspension system by enabling resistance to compression and collaborating the works of the coil spring, the shock absorber, spring seat, steering knuckle, ad strut bearing. An optimally functioning strut thus enables the car to have structural support and absorb shock and thus enabling suspension of the car while driving especially on rough roads.
Most vehicles will feature two struts on the front and two in the rear. These struts will act as stress absorbers of the car, keeping its wheels in position when traveling on a rough road or terrain. These struts are connected to the spring of your car and its shock absorber, the lower control arm, and the steering link in the car.
Since we know understand the key elements pertaining to a strut, we can now deduce the various functions it serves which are critical to the functionality of your vehicle. If you have struts that are properly functioning you will have:
- The normal minimized bounce we always have when driving like we do with bumps. The driver and passenger will have much more smooth and leveled rides that is without annoying oscillations and uncomfortable movements.
- An increased quality in your travel
- Better functioning suspension as well as steering systems
- Support when it comes to load-bearing
- Better brake performance
- Better wheel alignment
- Better turning ability
- For a vehicle using the strut tower brace which is usually mounted across your car’s top chassis helps in boosting stiffness to gie a reinforcement that builds the car dynamics. This becomes quite critical when making maneuvers and taking corners at a high speed.
As we can see properly functioning struts provide great advantage to a driver and passenger’s travelling experience. These reasons provide good reason to check out if the said struts are in good condition.
To do this, one must involve an authorized technician to conduct periodic inspections. You will find this service alongside brake and tire inspection. An inspection would generally look for:
- The vehicle feeling shaky or losing stability during braking
- The overall drive: it should feel smooth
- Delayed or loose of steering power
- Uneven or unexpected wear on tires
- Uncomfortable lifts or push when doing turns
- Lack of comfortability and shaking when rolling over bumps
- Existence of a brake fluid spillage
The following simple steps can be used to check if struts are worn out in your vehicle:
- The first and easiest test is to drive over bumps. If the car doesn’t do the drive smoothly but that sort of jerks up and down, the struts may need replacing.
- Second check is drive below and over fifty miles per hours. If the car is smooth in below fifty miles per hour but steering starts to shake in over fifty miles, these parts may need replacing. Please not the steering shakes in a continuous manner.
- Lastly a simple check on the strut itself may also help. Check under the wheel and put the top boot and feel the rod, if its oily then it’s time for a new one.
Where a struts replacement must be done, you can find an authorized technician and they should be done in two to three hours. Whether you do it by yourself or a professional does the replacement, it is important to always ensure you have struts in very good condition as it is critical to your vehicle performing and operating optimally and for your safety as well.
The way we would replace struts traditionally was quite tedious where a mechanic would be needed to come with their specialized equipment for removing, compression and the replacement of the old mount and spring. TRQ has however invented quite an easy and fast way to do this job. They come with a ready-made complete new part of the struts and spring.
They constitute of the parts the below:
- Strut Bearing
- Boot & Bumper Kit
- An Upper Mount of the strut
- A coil Spring
- Gas-charged Strut
All these auto parts come with a lifetime warranty. Some of these products are as indicated below:
- Front and Rear Shock Strut and Coil Spring Kit
- A set of Front Strut and Coil Spring Assembly
- Front and Rear Suspension Strut and Shock Absorber Assembly Kit
- Strut and Coil Spring Assembly Set
These are just some of the products by TRQ. The list is otherwise long to cater for the different customers with different cars and needs.
Pros and Cons
TRQ Struts offers its customers a wide variety of struts options for various cars. The TRQ brand may not be as exclusively familiar as products such as MacPherson and Double Wishbone Suspension. However, based on customer reviews we have gone through so far, the TRQ Struts rate favorably with the consumers whereby most products have a 4 rating out of 5 stars.
- Direct Fit, OE Replacement Suspension Strut and Coil Spring Kit
- Kit Includes: (1) Front Passenger Side Strut & Spring Assembly; (1) Front Driver Side Strut & Spring Assembly
- Vehicle Specific: Check fitment information in the listing for compatibility
- Aftermarket Reference Number(s): 11655,11656,172712,172713,272712,272713
Important Features to Consider – Buyer’s Guide
Like most other car parts, choosing struts can be really ambiguous and tedious. When choosing the parts, it is important to seek to answer the following questions? What am I trying to solve? Do I simply need to replace worn out parts? Or is there an upgrade I can install? Proper planning should be done, after the goals have been identified.
Below are a few pointers:
- Ensure its struts you need
It is always important to confirm it is indeed struts that are needed and not shocks. Time and again these two have always been confused. A mechanic can come in handy in assisting to identify the needed parts. The two (shocks and struts) while they work together, there completely unique.
- Go for the right struts
Always ensure for when you are replacing these parts you have the right specifications. The specifics of the vehicle can be used to choose the required parts. This will ensure you get the exact fit for your vehicle without too much back and forth.
TRQ Struts – Frequently Asked Questions
These are some of the questions that customers asked about the various TRQ strut products and the replies from their own customers.
How long do these last?
These struts last for about 2 years or a mileage of 35,000 miles. Whichever comes earlier.
Where are TRQ struts made?
These is a fully made American brand.
Are TRQ Struts Environmentally Friendly?
Yes. Their products are manufactured using state of the art technology. They are Pro ^% compliant. Meaning they are made with non-toxic materials
How do I know TRQ Struts are Safe?
TRQ Struts undergo a thorough and enhanced testing to ensure quality. They are tested at their Research facilities.
Their products are environmentally sustainable in that they are not toxic and have been compliant with California’s Proposition 65. This is a compliance standard for non-toxic materials.
Their commitment to quality and customer satisfaction is an important factor. Their parts are well tested to give uncompromised quality. The wide range of products ensure that all customers are satisfied. They also have a good distribution network by partnering with other distributors.