You may have come across shocks and struts but you may not have the right information and knowledge about them. Quite often we have customers using the term shocks and struts together.
While some functions of shocks and struts may be overlapping, there are obviously quite a few things that are different between them. See our Sensen Shocks Reviews.
Sensen Shocks Review 2020
|SENSEN Shocks Struts||Full Set||Lifetime|
|SENSEN Shocks Struts Speedy||Rear Set||Lifetime|
We aim to show you accurate product information. Manufacturers, suppliers, and others provide what you see here, and we have not verified it. See our disclaimer.
Let us get started by understanding briefly about struts and also try and get to know a few things about shocks. Struts are a part of any car’s total suspension system. They have many roles to play and help to keep the car off the ground.
This helps smoothing running of the vehicle. On the other hand shock absorbers are like hydraulic pump devices.
They help in controlling the overall rebound movement as far as your vehicle’s suspensions and springs are concerned. They help in keeping the passengers relatively free from the problems associated with bumps, rough roads and other such things.
They also ensure that the car tires are always in contact with the road surface at all points in time. This also improves the safety attributes of the vehicles and braking becomes predictable and the vehicle can be better controlled.
Why Should Us Use Shocks
Struts are important and indispensable parts of vehicles and you should be using it because of some important functions. They play a big role in acting as shock dampener. In fact they perform the role of shock absorbers in many cases.
In fact, internally there are quite a few things that are similar to shocks as far as struts are concerned. Apart from this, there is one more important function that struts perform.
Because of this, struts have a big role to play in improving driving comfort and safety. They also help the drivers to handle the vehicle better.
Why Should You Use Shocks
Shock absorbers also perform a few jobs that struts do. Hence, it is quite possible that there could be some overlapping of functions.
However, it is critical and vital to have a better understanding about the need to have a quality shock absorber for your car. They play a vital role in ensuring that the wheels and tires of your car always remain grounded even when the vehicle is travelling at a high speed and moving along rough and uneven surfaces.
They are critical to ensure stability of the vehicle and prevent it from wobbling and also ensure that the driver is able to exercise a better control over the vehicle.
Things To Keep in Mind While Choosing Shocks and Struts
- When it comes to choosing struts, here are a few things that one should bear in mind. The first and foremost thing is the spring rate. The rate determines as to how the strut responds when force is applied against it.
- Good struts should also have good weight transfer rating. They should not be too soft they will dip, canter and will eventually get lifted off from the vehicle. On the other hand they should not be too hard also because then they will not be able to offer the desired cushioning impact and driving safety may also be compromised.
- You should choose the right types of struts and it could either be coilover, gas or pneumatic. They all work the same way and you should choose the one that meets specific needs and requirements.
- There are a few other things to keep in mind while choosing struts. These include location of the struts, size, the extended length, the coil, the type of spring leg, etc.
When choosing shocks for vehicles, these are the few important points that one should bear in mind. Choosing the right types is perhaps the first starting point. There are different types of shocks for vehicles.
They include gas shocks, heavy duty shocks, standard shocks, automatic level control shocks, overload shocks and air shocks. Each shock absorber for your vehicle is unique in its own way and you must make sure that you choose the right one based on your vehicle size, capacity, weight, purpose for which it is being used and other such factors.
If you are not very sure about the type of shocks to choose, it would be better to take the help and assistance of professionals. They have experience and expertise and therefore they will be able to offer the best solution, keeping in mind your exact needs and requirements.
Main Differences Between Shocks and Struts
Though there are many differences between shocks and struts, we should keep in mind one basic and major different between the two.
Struts are extremely critical structural components of the entire suspension system of a vehicle. It also forms an important part of the entire steering systems.
- The shocks absorber is different from the main coil spring of struts, whereas the strut has the spring as well as the shock absorber inside it.
- When you replace a strut, you will have to go in for a completely new unit. However, a shock absorber as well as it spring can be replaced individually whenever there is a need to do so.
- Replacement a strut is a more complicated process and would require adjustment to the car alignment. This is an expensive process and this is not so in case of shocks because they can be easily replaced.
- New cars using new technologies are now finding it prudent to replace shock absorbers with struts.
Why Sensen Shocks & Struts
The company was established in the year 1985 and over the years it has become one of the most well known names in making the best of struts and shocks.
The factory is modern and it has a capacity to make 7 million pieces put together. It is today one of the biggest suppliers for OEM markets and also for aftermarkets.
It has been able to win the trust and confidence of thousands of customers not only in North America but also across other continents of the world and also from many other countries. They have close to 5500 items and the list keeps growing regularly.
Further, they believe in quality and each and every product that comes out from the stables of Sensen are checked for various attributes like workmanship, quality of material, adherence to specifications, warranty and guarantee amongst other things. We’ve reviewed the best Sensen Shocks.
SENSEN Shocks Struts Review
There are different model and part numbers and the total should exceed 5500. Hence, it would not be possible to review each and every one of the.
However, we are happy to talk about a few models of SENSEN shocks struts. We will look at a specific model # 2900 and see what it offers to its customers. They are feature rich and we will look at a few of the important specifications and features.
They have different numbers for different cars and vehicles and are suitable for small sized and entry level sedans, midsized cars and also upper end premium segment cars. Each and every component is manufactured to meet or even significantly exceed the OEM specifications.
They are manufactured to perfecting standards and are durable, long lasting. Each and every strut or shock absorber coming out from the stables of SENSEN is of the best quality.
The company is an ISO9001:2000 and ISO/TS 16949:2002 certified organization. The company also offers limited lifetime warranty for each product that comes out from its factories.
The full set consists of two shocks and two struts making a total of four pieces.
- Precision designed for a direct fit and restore factory ride height.
- All components manufactured to meet or exceed OE specifications for fit and function.
- Quality Control system certified by ISO9001:2000 and ISO/TS 16949:2002
- SENSEN limited lifetime warranty, Purchase with confidence.
If you are looking for the best quality shock and struts with speedy installation and easy installation features, then you have reasons to have a closer look at the Sensen Front & Rear complete strut assembly. They are feature rich and over the years have become quite popular amongst many OEMs and other end-users.
Hence, it would be interesting to know more about it over the next few lines.
- These are high class NOK seals from Japan
- They are known for their high quality and benchmark performance
- They have withstood rigorous testing against competitors who are market leaders and have come out with flying color
- The entire quality control system is rigorously followed
- It would be pertinent to mention that the quality standards and manufacturing processes have ISO9001:2000 certification and also ISO/TS 1694-2002 certification. This in itself is a great achievement according to many customers.
- The quality finish is also worth mentioning
- Each product is known for its rust protection and corrosion resistance capabilities
- The products come with limited warranty
- The item weight is 31.8 kg
- They have an overall dimension of 64.1 x 21.6 x 22.9 centimeters
- The manufacturer part number is 100240-S
Sensen Shocks Review – Buyer’s Guide
Where are SenSen shocks made?
Each and every SENSEN product is made at the factor of the company in China. The factory is located in Zhejiang, China.
They cater to a wide variety of customers across continents including European Union, North America, Australia, Africa, Asia and other places. They are planning to increase the production facility and capacity because more OEM and other customers are in needs of these high quality SENSEN shocks and struts.
Who makes Sensen shocks?
The materials are made by a company known as ZHEJIANG SENSEN Auto Parts Co Ltd. The company was established in 1985 and today as we read this article, the company has five huge and highly professional auto parts factories.
The company manufactures the best quality combination switches, shock absorbers, throttle body, electronic fuel pumps, door handles, door locks and a host of other products.
How good are Sensen shocks and struts?
Though there are many such companies that make and distribute struts and shocks, there are reasons to believe that this company has a special place in the hearts and minds of thousands of OEMs and other customers.
This is the reason why this firm has been able to get the coveted ISO certification. It would be pertinent to mention here that the company has ISO9002, 1999 as well as ISO 9001, 2000 and also the coveted ISO/TS16949, 2002 certifications. Not many manufacturers have been able to get these certificates.
What are the best shocks?
There are almost dozens of shocks and struts that come out from the stables of SENSEN and therefore it would be difficult to list down a few of them. However, if one goes by customer feedback and OEM reviews and their experiences, there are a few that stand out from the rest of the models of struts and shocks made by this company.
They have some of the finest spring seat shocks and telescopic shocks. They are liked by many top notch OEM cars and vehicle manufacturers in countries like Japan, Germany, UK, USA and other countries of the world.
On the other hand they are also one of the few manufacturers who are capable of manufacturing high quality Mono-tube shocks that have won the appreciation and goodwill of many OEMs across the world.
We are sure that the above article would have given some useful insight and information about Struts and Shocks. It also would have helped the readers to have some idea about the differences between the two and why no effort should be spared for picking up the right shocks and struts.
We are also hopeful that the readers would have had enough reasons to believe that the SENSEN shocks and struts manufactured by ZHEJIANG SENSEN Auto Parts Co Ltd China are comparable to the best in the world.
The two products reviewed above, would also have helped the readers, prospective customers and other stake holders to get some idea about the various things to be kept in mind when it comes looking at specific features and specifications when choosing shocks and struts for different makes and models of cars and other vehicles.