List of Raybestos Brakes
- Raybestos ELEMENT3 Brake Pads – Complete Review
- Raybestos ELEMENT3 Coated Rotors – Complete Review
- Raybestos ELEMENT3 Calipers – Complete Review
- Raybestos R-LINE Brake Pads – Complete Review
- Raybestos R-LINE Rotors – Complete Review
- Raybestos Specialty Line Rotors – Complete Review
When driving, it is very important to be in a position to stop when you need to or want to. This can only be made possible if you have a working braking system. I know we can all attest to the fact that roads can be quite unpredictable.
Raybestos Brakes Reviews 2023
|ELEMENT3 Brake Pads||
|ELEMENT3 Coated Rotors||
|R-LINE Brake Pads||
|Specialty Line Performance Rotors||
We aim to show you accurate product information. Manufacturers, suppliers, and others provide what you see here, and we have not verified it. See our disclaimer.
Any driver will require a perfectly working braking system sooner or later. What is unique about the Raybesos Brakes? One wonders! This product has different easy-to-understand packages which all have enhancement of performance and long life as their strengths.
The Hybrid Technology employed in Raybestos Brakes ensures durability and enhanced stopping power in times of braking. Most people are wondering whether this is a trusted brand or how reliable it is! Well, let me allow you to be the judge of that.
Mine is to provide you with insight on the different packages and how they have been designed to help you get that powerful stoppage whenever you need it.
Raybestos Brakes boasts of three different lines:
These three distinct Raybestos brakes lines are the different categories offered by this company. They each have a distinct niche all of which are focused on ensuring that your vehicle has a working and complete braking system.
When your brakes fail, there is a likely possibility that you have to replace the whole system as compared to parts so as to avoid any mishaps. That is why the Raybestos Braking system comes in three different packages which are a combination of different parts working closely together.
I bet you have so many questions on the different product categories offered by Raybestos Brakes but I will explain all the specifics that you need to know and hoping it will be an eye-opener and quite engaging.
ELEMENT3 LINE Review
The Element3 line is a premium line that boasts in having the best brakes and also other additional products.
The package contains products that have undergone upgrades to ensure that they provide full braking components. The components that I am talking are namely
- Brake Pads
- Plated Brake calipers
- Coated Rotors.
They have undergone some enhancement using Hybrid tech and formulations which allow having instant and smooth braking.
Efficiency and durability are among the major factors that were considered during the formulation of this product.
It is quite discouraging if you buy brake pads and then you have to replace it after only a few kilometers of service. These major factors considerations give one an allowance to find replacement before the parts are completely worn out.
According to the manufacturers of this product, they claim that you will get superior braking power and also the material used to manufacture the brake pads are environmentally friendly and compliant to the regulations. In a nutshell, you will be getting a complete set of brake pads and other accessories but of a superior standard. This is quite commendable if what they say is true.
The engineers found a way to blend the two to come up with quite a brake pad that has the strength of a thousand sailors but is also as silent thanks to the ceramic material. This ensures that the brake pad can grip the hub with quite some power. This will easily and comfortably give the driver to enjoy maximum speed and also at the same time enable him/her to stop comfortably.
This kind of braking power is usually required by cars used to carry passengers, SUVs, and Lorries. The company claims that it has the state-of-the-art brake pads and as we have seen in the formulations they have used; they are trying to do a good job.
When it comes to the actual performance of the brake pads, the company has on record more than a million miles of road tests to ensure that they come up with a certified product. They were conducted across all platforms and the results as we can guess weren’t quite bad.
They were able to achieve an increase in braking power and the wear and tear of the pads reduced to considerably, these stats are quite impressive on paper if you decide to make a comparison.
As we can see for this specific product the pros kind of outweigh the cons. Compatibility is also a con for the Element3 line brake pads. They are not compatible with all types of car models. They are working hard to try and increase their production so that they can have brake pads for the different models of cars out there.
The Element3 coated rotors are quite something, they have a combination of grey coating and other OE materials. As I had said earlier, it is quite something because the formulation a lot has reduced a lot of problems usually associated with rotors.
These common problems include rusting and over-heating, another common problem usually associated with rotors is the corrosion due to environmental factors.
The coated cover of this Element3 rotor ensures that it is durable and also makes it quite reliable. If you have the wrong rotor, especially in snowy areas then you already know that your brakes might fail anytime.
Raybestos brakes ensured that all the better qualities of this specific product will be achieved by only the formulation instead of adjustments.
There will be very minimum friction or even close to none and therefore the rotors are quite durable and effective. They can serve for quite some time without needing replacements.
- Our coated rotors are coated on their entire surface with a proprietary full Grey Fusion 4.0 coating. The rotors are put through 300 plus hours of salt spray testing
- Best-in-class performance
- Ultra-smooth braking
- Maximized friction life
The main disadvantage to this product is compatibility, the coated rotors are not compatible with all brake pads but only those from Element3 line.
They also have reduced their warranty rates with optimum performance. Well, these are quite impressive on paper but let us try and dissect this information. How is the formulation of the Element3 brake calipers?
- The caliper has been specifically designed to match the materials used to formulate the coated rotors. This is the OE; this ensures that they can clip and hold the rotors without causing damage as a result of friction.
- They have used an entirely different formulation; I believe from scratch they decided to use different materials so that they can achieve the qualities they wanted.
- They also have a feature that enables the user to make customizations to the brake pads.
Well, this is evidence enough that the calipers are state of the art, they have also gone the extra mile and ensured that they have carried out a series of tests to ensure that it meets all parameters.
Some analysts have tried saying that there are downsides to the Element3 brake caliper claiming that perfection is ideal but we are yet to receive evidence to support this. I tend to believe that the end justifies the means and the results never lie.
- SUPER PREMIUM GRADE: Raybestos Element3 Brake Calipers offer super premium replacement brake calipers made with newly manufactured materials, offering unparalleled style and performance.Material:aluminum
- OE SPECIFICATIONS: Precision engineered to meet or exceed OE performance and durability, providing time-saving, trouble-free installation
- ALL NEW COMPONENTS: Made with 100 percent newly manufactured materials (not rebuilt or remanufactured) for superior quality and performance
- RIGOROUSLY TESTED: Tested for extreme pressure, temperature, torque and degradation resistance to ensure safe, reliable performance after thousands of miles
- VEHICLE FIT: Chrysler Town and Country 2008-2016; Dodge Grand Caravan 2008-2016, Nitro 2007-2011; Jeep Liberty 2008-2012, Wrangler 2007-2017, Wrangler JK 2018; Ram C/V 2012-2015; Volkswagen Routan 2009-2014
We have seen the formulation of the Element3 line brake caliper and for a fact it is quite impressive and recommendable.
The R-line is another distinct product line for Raybestos Brakes, it gives the driver raw and brutal stoppage power. It consists of elaborately selected packaging.
The parts in the packages have been well selected as they complement each other. The packages are not that different from the other lines but the difference is in the finer details.
These types of brake pads are suitable for small cars, vans, and Lorries. This means that it has quite excellent features that give it the allowance to bring a vehicle to a halt especially if it is fully loaded.
They have good packaging and the representation on their packages matches the real object in the package and this is a major selling point for this line. I also cannot recommend this product to whoever is interested as it has great features and when it comes to matters of safety then we should only pick the best.
Raybestos R-LINE Rotors Review
The Raybestos R-Line rotors are suitable for almost all types of vehicles from family cars to light trucks. They have been specifically made for daily use in all types of terrain and weather conditions.
Raybestos Brakes tasked their engineers to use the same material that is OE to manufacture the rotors to ensure that the final product can be depended on, it is safe to use, and also the performance is top-notch.
The design and formulation used are all aimed at ensuring that there is a well-balanced, quiet, and smooth halting power whenever it is needed.
It is also very durable given that it has been developed using OE materials which are weather-resistant and rust-resistant. Most rotors are usually affected by ice or extreme weather conditions therefore by having a unique formulation; it can last for a longer period without wearing off.
Depending on the specifics of what you are looking for, I tend to think that this product is quite recommendable. It is also wise to enquire about whether it is compatible with your vehicle or you will require doing an over-haul of other parts as well.
- PREMIUM GRADE: Raybestos R-Line Brake Rotors offer quality replacement brake rotors for everyday driving conditions in cars, light trucks and SUVs
- OE SPECIFICATIONS: Developed from OE samples and made with G3000-qualified material, ensuring form, fit and function for dependable braking performance
- PRECISION BALANCED: Mill balanced edges for vibration-free parking, extended pad life and quieter, smoother stopping
- RIGOROUSLY TESTED: Meets the SAE standard for tensile strength, providing structural integrity and a maximum service life
- VEHICLE FIT: Cadillac Escalade 2007-2020, ESV 2007-2020, EXT 2007-2013, XTS 2013-2019; Chevrolet Avalanche 2007-2013, Express 1500 2009-2014, Silverado 1500 2005-2019, 1500 Classic 2007, 1500 LD 2019, Suburban 2015-2020, 1500 2007-2014, Tahoe 2007-2020
SPECIALTY LINE Review
The Raybestos Brakes Specialty Line has gone a step further and created products for a specific category or niche, for instance, they have different products for Police cars, school buses, and other automobiles.
This has made it quite easier for them to target a specific niche in the market and it has also made it easier for customers to be specific in what they are looking for. There a variety of Products in this Unique Raybestos Line but I will only discuss the Specialty Line Rotors and I know for a fact it’s going to be an eye-opener.
Now, this is for drivers, who have vehicles with great speeds, I am sure they have all done their best to invest in their safety. The specialty rotors are like a dream come true. They boast of having these attributes on their rotors.
- Gives you a comfortable pedal touch
- The rotor does not rust
- The durability of the rotor
- Powerful and adept responsiveness of the brake pads
Well, if you ask, my answer will be that this particular part is quite ideal for any high-speed vehicle. What do you think? Do your current rotors have this attribute? Let us look a little bit closer and we can get to understand the formulation of these rotors and what makes it unique.
These Raybestos performance rotors have been manufactured using a special type of iron which has been enhanced to bring out the best attributes.
The special iron ensures that there is no noise during braking and also the brakes will not overheat or vibrate so much when stopping. There is also an added feature but this depends on the type of vehicle, they can add a groove slot on the rotor to enable the system to have a smoother and strong braking force.
The most highlighted feature is the coating, there are different numbers of coatings which come with this product and therefore depending on the application, you will have to choose from the following;
- The black fusion coating
- Grey fusion coating or
- A fusion of the first two, so depending on the type of application they will come with one of the three.
For anyone with a high-performance vehicle, this can be an option to explore and find out whether it can apply to your car.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE: Raybestos Performance rotors deliver everything serious drivers expect, including improved pedal feel, lasting rust prevention, increased pad life and responsive pads
- APPLICATION-SPECIFIC ENHANCED IRON: Made with application-specific enhanced iron which suppresses noise and keeps brakes running cool, quiet and vibration free
- COOLING VANES: The cooling vanes on our rotors match OE configurations, providing optimal cooling, reduced fade, less noise and increased pad life
- PRECISION BALANCED: Mill balanced edges and 100 percent validated for proper balance and minimized vibration
- VEHICLE FIT: Cadillac Escalade 2007-2020, Escalade ESV 2007-2020, Escalade EXT 2007-2013, XTS 2013-2019; Chevrolet Avalanche 2007-2013, Express 1500 2009-2014, Silverado 1500 2005-2019, Silverado 1500 Classic 2007, Silverado 1500 LD 2019, Suburban 2015-2019, Suburban 1500 2007-2014, Tahoe 2007-2019; GMC Savana 1500 2009-2014, Sierra 1500 2005-2019, Sierra 1500 Classic 2007, Sierra 1500 Limited 2019, Yukon 2007-2020, Yukon XL 2015-2019, Yukon XL 1500 2007-2015
Raybestos Brakes – FAQs
Do they rust?
Raybestos Brakes have invested much in the formulation of their products, they have used non-corrosive materials therefore the answer is no, they do not rust.
Does Raybestos Brake contain Asbestos?
No, there is nowhere in the formulations provided to us by Raybestos Brakes indicate the use of Asbestos to manufacture their products.
Where are Raybestos Brakes made?
Initially, Raybestos Brakes used to be manufactured and assembled in the United States of America for quite some time until they stopped production, and off late all production is done in China.
Raybestos is indeed the licensed and leading brand of Brake Parts Inc. It is a global supplier to major auto parts companies. Raybestos Brakes have made great strides when it comes to a revolutionary braking system. Keeping up with the current consumers’ needs and demands and going ahead to satisfy this is quite impressive. They have tried as much as possible to address common problems associated with braking systems whilst also improving their brand.
The kind of technology and materials used in the formulation of the products in the different product lines have been carefully researched and tested. There is evidence of more than a million kilometers in mileage to attest to this fact and that is quite commendable for the company.
While this might be interpreted as a bad business decision, the response from the reviews shows that there is safety in durability, especially for something as important as the braking system.