When you use a handheld paint sprayer, you save a lot of time in comparison to using a traditional brush or roller. It also requires less effort and gives you consistent paint coverage for your project. A device helps to simplify a repetitive painting task on a hard-to-paint surface that still gives you a uniform finish in a shorter period while reducing arm fatigue. Here are a few tips and reviews to help you find the best cheap paint sprayer for your project.
Best Cheap Paint Sprayer Reviews
Featuring three spray patterns, this adjustable sprayer includes around, vertical, and horizontal spray options as well as an adjustable flow control knob; it gives you more versatility when it comes to projects. It can hold up to 27-ounces of pain, so you won’t have to refill it as often when you work on a large project. The Homeright is also lightweight weighing only 2.76 pounds allowing you to hold it for longer periods.
Easy to use, the Homeright features adjustable settings, so you can adjust the air cap to match the type of project you are working on. The material flow can also be adjusted allowing you to decrease or increase the output, so you can customize paint flow to match your coating and project needs. This is very simple to use and set up sprayer, it works on a variety of materials.
Cleaning is also easy. When you are done spraying, just clean the sprayer with mineral spirits for oil-based paint and water for water-based paint. Then, use the cleaning brush that came with the Homeright Sprayer to clean up the unit faster.
The included two-millimeter precision brass spray nozzle and tip give you overall performance in comparison to plastic. Plus, it will give you a high-quality and consistent spray pattern while resisting wear and corrosion.
Pros & Cons
Recommended or not
HOMERIGHT FINISH MAX is one of the best cheap sprayers for the beginners and not for big projects.
- BETTER THAN A BRUSH OR SPRAY CAN: The HomeRight Finish Max paint sprayer is an easy-to-use electric paint sprayer that applies a smooth finish without brush marks. It’s the best paint sprayer option for painting furniture, cabinets, trim, and more
- ADJUSTABLE SETTINGS, EASY TO USE: You can adjust the air cap to spray horizontal, vertical, and round. You can also adjust the material flow control knob to quickly increase or decrease the material output
- SPRAY A VARIETY OF MATERIALS: Spray a variety of materials such as thinned chalk type paint, milk paint, latex paints, enamels, primers, clear sealer, polyurethane, stain and varnish. It also comes with a viscosity cup to easily measure paint thickness
- BRASS SPRAY TIP TECHNOLOGY: The HomeRight Finish Max paint sprayer uses a 2 mm. precision brass spray tip and nozzle, which provide superior performance over plastic counterparts
- U.S. BASED CUSTOMER SERVICE AND 2 YEAR WARRANTY: Please call or chat with our U.S based customer service team for quick and efficient assistance. We’re proud of our products, which is why the Finish Max is backed by a 2 year warranty
This is an effective model that will get the paint job done fast and give you even coverage. The Wagner lets you easily control the material flow with a variable trigger so you can spray up to nine-inch wide patterns at up to 4.9 fl. ounces a minute. It also has an easy set up in less the Wagner Control Spray sets up in under five minutes and a cleanup time of under ten.
You get a fine finish on any surface thanks to the two-stage air turbine. Wagner sprayer uses two material cups. The one-quart cups are perfect for small interior projects while the 1 ½ gallon cup is good for larger projects. This is a good sprayer to transform cabinets, furniture, fences, patios, and decks.
Pros & Cons
Recommended or not
The model is the best for quick and small work, especially if you need a cheap device for one or two uses.
- SUPERIOR PERFORMING HVLP SPRAY GUN: This HVLP sprayer utilizes a two-stage, indoor/outdoor rated air turbine to provide a fine finish on your surface.
- PERFECT FLOW EVERY TIME: Adjust the material volume by turning the regulator on the trigger of the spray gun to achieve a smooth material flow. You can also adjust the spray pattern to spray horizontal, vertical or round
- USE WITH A VARIETY OF MATERIALS: Applies thin materials such as stains, sealers, urethanes, varnishes and lacquers
- GREAT FOR ANY PROJECT: Includes two material cups, 1 quart for smaller interior work and 1.5 quart for larger exterior work. Perfect for transforming decks, patios, fences, furniture, cabinets, and more
Included with the sprayer are a 3mm, 2.5mm, 2mm, and 1mm nozzle. With the one-millimeter nozzle, you have more efficient, graininess less, thinner, and smoother spraying, making it perfect for detailed furniture. There is also a one-way valve patent to stop paint from flowing back giving you a more uniform spray.
With this spray gun, you will not need to unscrew the canister as you add paint, and you can easily assemble and disassemble it when you need to. This helps to give you a clean since other sprays on the market only let you remove and wash half of the spray gun. This comfortable and lightweight gun allows you to spray at any angle and also helps to prevent your arm from getting sore from long term use.
Pros & Cons
Recommended or not
The model is one of the best devices for the furniture stain.
Easily adjust the flow control knobs so that you have the flow you need for the project you are working on. The ergonomic design comes with a soft handle giving you the ease of use and making it a great choice for a small project. With 500 watts, the REXBETI Ultimate-750 has a precise spray pattern to create a superior finish that is very smooth.
Included with the sprayer is a 1000 ml high-capacity container, so you have enough paint for crafts, interior walls, fences, chairs, and tables. Equipped with three spray patterns including circular, horizontal, vertical and circular, the REXBETI is versatile for a wide variety of painting projects. It also comes with three nozzles sizes including 2mm, 2.5mm, and 3mm, which is perfect for spraying milk, chalk, and latex paint.
You can adjust the flow control to produce different paint output, which is great for broad interior surfaces, DIY projects, corners, and edges. It is super easy to assemble and wash making is very efficient. This lightweight spray-gun also is portable – it comes with a 6.6-foot power cord, so you have enough cord to work freely in a large area with a sprayer that won’t create fatigue after long term use.
Pros & Cons
Recommended or not
The REXBETI Ultimate-750 is highly recommended for the large surfaces.
- ( kindly notice : totally there are 4 nozzles, the 2.5mm black nozzle has already been installed on the gun. ) High power & superior finish - With high power, the ultimate-750 provides a precise spray pattern,creating the smooth and superior finish.With 1000ml high-capacity container,it will be your best electric paint sprayer for tables, chairs,fences,interior walls and crafts
- 3 spray patterns & 4 nozzle sizes - The ultimate-750 paint sprayer can be adjusted to 3 different spray patterns ?¨ºohorizontal, vertical and circular ,equipped with 4-size nozzles(1.5mm/2.0mm/2.5mm/3.0mm) for any painting projects.1.5mm, 2.0mm and 2.5mm nozzle are great for thin paints like sealers and varnish. 3.0mm nozzle is great for spraying latex paint,chalk type paint and milk type paint.And 5-pcs paint strainers is great for you to filter particles in paint
- Adjustable flow control - Regulate your paint output by adjusting the flow control knob on the sprayer to get different paint output, suitable for edges, corners and broad interior surfaces of various work
- Easy to use & wash - This paint sprayer is user-friendly,easy assemble and easy spraying.With packaged cleaning attachments,you can clean it easily and efficiently
- Extra long power cord & lightweight body - The 6.6 ft power cord is long enough for you to move freely in large work area. Rexbeti paint sprayer with lightweight and handy size fit perfectly in your hand and let you spraying longer without fatigue
Featuring a 6.6-foot power cord and a 6-foot hose, the NEU MASTER is perfect for a long-distance project. It also comes with three spray patterns including circular, horizontal, and vertical. Plus, it has two nozzle sizes, 3mm and 2.5 mm, so you can tackle any painting project.
With this user-friendly design, any beginner can start work easily. It has an easy to assemble the design to make it easy to clean the paint gun that is also more efficient. And, the flexible hose and shoulder strap make it comfortable to use while its lightweight design and detachable handle make it easy to handle.
The NEU MASTER uses 600 watts to give you a strong airflow for better coverage. The NEU MASTER can be used with wood preservatives, mordants, motor-vehicle enamels, clean enamels, two-component paints, primers, varnish, and water-dilutable enamel paints. You can use it safely on window shutters, garage doors, fences, garden furniture, and furniture.
Pros & Cons
Recommended or not
NEU-MASTER-High-Power is good for beginners and easily cleaned.
- ▶【High Power & Superior Finish】-- Paint gun is equipped with a powerful turbofan and Max. 600W motor to support smooth and superior painting results. It will be your best assistant for furniture, ceiling, fence, cabinet, wall, home interior and exterior, etc.
- ▶【Lighter Usage & Wider Areas】-- Special separated structure allows holding spray unit (1lb) for painting, which greatly reduces the holding fatigue compared to hand-held one. And this stationary paint sprayer with 6Ft hose & 6.6Ft UL-Certified cord supports large work areas.
- ▶【Easy To Use & Clean】-- The electric spray gun is designed with ON/OFF power switch to prevent accidental triggering and paint messing. And its disassemblable design makes cleaning the spraying unit easier and more efficient. Great Ideal for beginners.
- ▶【3 Spray Patterns & Adjustable Flow Control】-- The electric spray gun can choose within 3 spray patterns(horizontal, vertical, circular) and3 size nozzles(2.0/2.5/3.0mm) freely. And its Adjustable flow control knob is a better way to control the airflow material in case of waste.
- ▶【Friendly Customer Service】If you have any questions, please contact with us and our technical team and after-sales team are always behind you.
Types of cheap models
HVLP Sprayers — This is a low-pressure high-volume sprayer that is best for close up work. It releases paint slowly making them incredibly precise. Typically, used for a special task like painting a cabinet or a door, these sprayers are perfect for any detail-driven project. These sprayers tend to be more expensive than other sprayers on the market, so they are usually owned by professionals.
Compressed Sprayers — When you think about a paint gun, typically is a compressed air sprayer. They are capable of spraying atomized paint rapidly using compressed air. Simple to use, beginners can use them with little training. A compressed sprayer will help complete large paint jobs faster, so instead of taking a couple of days to paint a room, it will only take a few hours.
Airless Sprayers — Run by pumps, airless spray systems are pressurized by gas or electricity. Similar to a compressed air system, this sprayer is used for high-volume work, but there are some instances where you can use a specialty dump for a project that requires details.
It is super important to clean your paint sprayer correctly. When you don’t, you will find it getting clogged up and not operating properly. Cleaning is not always an easy or quick task since the tips, tubes, and guns all require flushing out with water.
Look for a paint sprayer with unique cleaning features, such as a hose port which will let you connect the sprayer to your yard hose to flush out leftover pain inside the sprayer quickly. Typically, you will find this feature on a more expensive sprayer, but it’s worth the investment.
Electric vs. Gas
If you choose an airless spray system, you will need to decide between a gas or electric-powered pump. Both have advantages and disadvantages.
With an electric sprayer, you will have fewer emissions, so it is more environmentally friendly. An electric sprayer is also cheaper than a gas sprayer, but you will always be searching for an outlet for power.
In comparison, a gas-powered sprayer doesn’t need an outlet for power. They are also more powerful than an electric sprayer, and they can be used in a wide range of settings.
When determining the amount of power a sprayer has, keep in mind that the horsepower doesn’t necessarily refer to how rapidly the sprayer will spray the paint. It will tell you how far the reach is of a particular sprayer. So, if you spraying a multi-story home, you will need more power to push all that paint from the canister and through a 50-foot hose.
Other Features to Consider
This feature is not available on an airless paint sprayer since it requires different paint sprayer tips, but it is pretty common on HVLP and compressed air sprayers. Having the ability to adjust the speed as well as the pattern and thickness of the spray gives you a lot of flexibility, which is great if you work on a range of projects.
Weight and Size
The weight and size of a paint sprayer can tell you how long you can use it as well as how you use it. Paint sprayers that include handles and wheels can help add to the sprayer’s portability where the unit sits on the floor and you have a connected spray gun to use. If you have handles and wheels, it is a lot easier to use a heavy paint sprayer many of which can weigh up to 30 lbs.
It is important to consider which accessories will come with your paint sprayer. Accessories can add more value to your sprayer, but they also can be purchased separately, so don’t be concerned if your paint sprayer doesn’t have every feature you want.
Preventing your paint sprayer from getting clogged, filters will also help your project have a smooth finish. Plus, a filter helps your paint sprayer have a longer lifespan, which is always a positive.
How long your hose is will help you with specific projects. Depending on the paint sprayer you are using, you can cover a larger area with a longer hose. Typically, you want one that is at minimum 25-feet long.
You always want to make sure you are comfortable as you work. Have an extension can make spraying either low or high a lot easier. Extensions come in a wide range of sizes making it easy to have different types on hand for different projects.
You can choose the paint tips to change the spray pattern. Depending on which pattern you decide on, you can choose paint tips that are better at handling various paints that are either thick or thin. It can be a good idea to get a wide range of tips to make sure you are prepared for different painting projects.
Always make sure you have the correct protective equipment when you work around paint and paint fumes. This should include face masks, protective clothing, and goggle, but make sure you can work comfortably with no issues.
Tips for Choosing the Best Paint Sprayer
- Look for a sprayer that has a long extension cord of at least 25-feet of flexible hose. Most jobs will need that much distance, such as painting a fence. And, if you have an extension cord, that helps to make cleanup easier when you are finished.
- Look for a sprayer that has a backpack or wheels if you have to carry your supply of paint a long way.
- Figure out what your paint capacity is so you will know how often to get a refill. This can help you determine whether you need a large hopper or a sprayer that will draw right from the can.
- Consider clean up after the project and if you want a sprayer that disassembles easily for cleaning. Remember that interior surfaces that are smooth and sprayers that draw right from the can are also easier to clean.
- Look at sprayers that have pressure control settings that are adjustable. Some come with settings that include roller, cleaning, low, and high, which help to extend your spray tip’s life. A sprayer that features a pressure roller attachment allows you to do a project where a sprayer won’t work. Plus, it can apply paint almost 4x faster than a typical roller with a lot less mess.
- Check to see if the sprayer takes tip extensions, which can be a convenient feature when you paint hard to reach areas, high ceilings, and foyers.
- Look to see if replacement parts are available.
- Always look to see if there is a support line, digital how-to manual, or online resources for your sprayer
A paint sprayer can help save you hours of work while providing consistent paint coverage. Just make sure you choose the right type of paint sprayer for the project you have planned and that it has all the features you need for a smooth paint finish.